Putting Students First in 2015-16

Dear Colleagues,

It seems like just yesterday when we celebrated the graduation of the Class of 2015 and various other awards programs with our students and parents.  Yet, here we are just a few days away from the opening of another school year.  I hope you had an enjoyable time resting, traveling, and/or studying during this period and that the summer has prepared you to face the opportunities and challenges ahead.

We are only two days into pre-planning and I’m hearing great things from all of our school sites.  I want to recognize all employees for the enthusiasm and caring spirit that your bring to the District, day after day, year after year. You bring it to one another, and you bring it to our students, whether they are in the classroom, the hallways, or on our playing fields.

This year will continue to be shaped by our continuous improvement efforts as outlined in the 2015-16 System Improvement Plan and in each of our school improvement plans.  Please take some time to review the 2015-16 System Improvement Plan for it will serve as the blueprint of our work ahead.  During the past two years, our accomplishments have been monumental, and moving ahead, we will continue our “bottom line” focus on teacher and leader quality.  Even more importantly, amid the constant state of moving targets and new mandates coming at us from outside forces, we will keep students our main priority.

In closing, I am committed to being “all in” for our students and staff and I hope that you are as well.  You can also count on the support of an actively involved central administration.  I look forward to seeing all of you on July 31 and working alongside you this year.  Thank you for your continued dedication and service to our entire school community.

My best for the coming year,

Chuck Bell